Wednesday, October 25, 2017

First Miniature completed - Back in 2015 . . .

I finished this mini a few years back, it is the first miniature I've ever built or painted.  It turned out pretty decent, and it was a good learning experience.  Obviously it needs some improvement, especially in the shading and highlighting, but on the table it looks pretty good.  I also had a very hard time with the decal, I had to re-apply it twice, but I think I got it now.  The decals on my next run of minis went much better.  I'm not going to change anything on this one, it's going down as a first attempt for historical purposes.








The base was originally a 25mm base supplied with the kit.  When GW decided to change the base size on these kits (to make way for the Primaris models), I decided to be OCD and cut all the 25mm bases off the models and re-base them on 32mm bases.  Overall, I like the way the bases turned out, again it was a good learning experience.  I'll be using Slate rocks for future models.

No comments:

Post a Comment