Friday, April 25, 2014

First Purchase . . . the new Citadel Tool Range.

The Citadel Tool Range



So I finally made my first purchase into this rather expensive hobby.  Just like any job, you can't do much modeling without the proper tools.  It just so happens that as I was ready to buy my first set of tools when Games Workshop released the brand new Citadel Tool Range.  

There has been some mixed opinions I've read around the 40K forums regarding the price of these tools.  I guess I'll wait to see what I think once I get a chance to open them up check them our for myself.  After looking at a few other viable options, the price difference was negligible with the discount I got on the Citadel tools. 



1 comment:

  1. So a few years later my verdict on the Citadel tool range is as follow:

    Files - Very nice for fine work. Actually replaced them after 2 years with 2 more of the same

    Mouldline scraper - The best.

    Drill - A decent hobby drill. The collet could be better.

    Sprue Cutter - A very solid cutter, but I prefer the "Godhand" cutter that replaced it.

    Sculpting Tools - Nice gear, but I don't use them much.

    Hobby Knife - Garbage. Loose fit, retractable feature sucks. Tossed it right away.

    ReplyDelete