Friday, May 2, 2014

First miniature built!

Short post....it's a bit late. So there he is, my first Space Marine.  My plan is to start with the more "vanilla" space marines, then move onto some of the customization options, finishing up with the Sargeant.  It was nerve wracking and already a learning experience.

Going to do all ten in this squad individually, that way I can learn from each one and apply what I learned to the next model.  Overall I'm pleased with how it turned out, I had a bit of a problem gluing the bolter and two arms in place all at the same time.  I'm sure there is a better way to do it, I think I'll post for some advice on Dakka Dakka to what other modelers do at this stage.  I ended up with a bit of plastic cement getting on the trigger hand, hopefully I'll be able to do some filing to clean it up.  So that's it for now....it will be fully cured in the morning. Hopefully I applied the plastic cement correctly so I have a strong bond.

No comments:

Post a Comment