Sunday, May 4, 2014

Mounting arms and Boltguns...adhesive putty rocks!

Getting this phase of the marine together is giving me fits. I now realize that trying many different left and right arm combinations using adhesive putty is the key. Hopefully I can get a better fit this time.

I didn't see at first that many of the arms look identical at first glance, but there are minute differences like the angle of the wrist joint.....or maybe the angle is different where the arms meets the torso.  Time to work on my dry fit more this time around.

Adding adhesive putty to pose arms.
Full mocked up.

1 comment:

  1. I actually used a bit too much adhesive putty on the above models, it worked fine but on my next model I used significantly less putty. This helped in posing, using too much putty throws off the spacing a bit...just a tiny dot of putty does the trick. :)

    ReplyDelete